We began work on our first piece of disused land at Brentford Lock in March 2011 (see below for a location map and directions). ISIS Waterside Regeneration own the land and have granted Cultivate London temporary use of the space until 2014. Part owned by British Waterways, ISIS are a property development company that specialise in creating mixed use spaces along waterways and we’re very proud to be working in partnership with them. In November 2012 we moved about 250 metres further along the canal as construction of new flats began.
Since taking on the land in March 2011, we have:
- constructed and moved four large polytunnels
- worked with local residents
- engaged with young people
- developed a fully functioning nursery
This site is our germination centre which supplies the salad plant seedlings for London Rd as well as a range of potted herbs, baby veg and bedding flowers. We’ve worked extremely hard and fast to transform this space and we owe a very big THANK YOU to everyone who has helped us along the way.
Brentford Lock View in a larger map
Sign up for our mailing list
- Busy selling plants with the @SeedPantry as part of the Chelsea Flower Show. Here all week at the Duke of York Square - come see us! #
- Also, don't forget to spread the word - we are recruiting for our next round of traineeships starting 17th June. Taster sessions wk of 10/6! #
- Almost open day time folks! 1st june...hope you're getting excited! Come see us on Commerce Road in Brentford, beside @BrentfordLockW #